- The Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AIDD) is the United States government organization responsible for implementation of the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act of 2000, known as the DD Act. AIDD, its staff and programs are part of the Administration for Community Living.
- The Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB) is a branch of the Health Resources and Services Administration in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Its mission is to improve the health of mothers, children and their families.
- The Virginia Department for Aging & Rehabilitation Services (DARS) is the executive branch agency that provides people with disabilities vocational rehabilitation and employment services.
- The Virginia Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Services (DBHDS) is the executive branch agency that oversees the mental health and intellectual/developmental disabilities services system in Virginia. Services are provided by local community services boards or behavioral health authorities.
- The Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) is the executive branch agency that leads and facilitates the development and implementation of a quality public education system in Virginia that meets the needs of students and assists them in becoming educated, productive and responsible citizens.
- The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) is the executive branch agency that serves as a leader and coordinator of Virginia’s public health system and plays a fundamental role in protecting and promoting the health of Virginians. VDH provides a wide range of products and services to promote and protect public health. These services are delivered to the public by local health departments or by VDH field offices.
The Center for Family Involvement also serves as Virginia’s state Parent to Parent program for Parent to Parent USA
Some Virginia organizations with which the Center for Family Involvement and the Family to Family Network of Virginia partners in providing information, referral, assistance and support to families:
700 East Franklin Street
P.O. Box 843020
Richmond, Virginia 23284-3020
HELPLINE: (877) 567-1122
FAX: (804) 828-0042
TTY RELAY: (800) 828-1120